Her Excellency Mona Abuamara (Palestinian Chief Representative to Canada)
- I met with Her Excellency Mona Abuamara to discuss how we can work together for justice and peace.
Inclusion Canada & Winnipeg
- My colleague, Bonita Zarrillo (MP, Port Moody - Coquitlam) and I met with Janet Forbes and Carlos Sosa from Inclusion Canada about their Ready, Willing, and Able program that is supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities or autism.
Jordan Brown (MHA Labrador West) and Scott Fleming (NL NDP Caucus Researcher)
- I had the opportunity to hear about MHA Jordan Brown’s private member’s motion that he put forward on basic income in Newfoundland and Labrador and discuss how we can continue to build the national momentum for a guaranteed livable basic income.
West Broadway Biz
- I spoke with Jocelyne Nicolas about the various barriers that small business owners and community members in West Broadway are experiencing as they navigate the 4th wave of the pandemic.
- I had the chance to hear from Michael Champagne and Mary Burton about the work of Fearless R2W and the incredible support and services that they provide for the community, youth, and families.
Sex Workers of Winnipeg Action Coalition
- Members from SWWAC shared their growing concerns regarding the criminalization of sex work and the harm that it causes for sex workers, especially women, gender-diverse and trans people, and workers who are Black, Indigenous, or racialized.
Action Canada for Sexual Health and Rights
- Frédérique Chabot and I discussed the need for accessible, safe, and confidential sexual health services and support.